IbVPN is based in Romania and run by Invisible-Browsing Inc, a company that specialises in secure computing since 2003. This emphasis on security possibly explains why IbVPN used to outlaw P2P and torrenting and all similar traffic. But finally IbVPN came up with a Torrent-VPN subscription at $4.95/month with 3 countries – the Netherlands, Luxembourg and Canada.
We tried the Total VPN (Money Back Guarantee: 15 days) rate at $7.95/month - $19.95/3 months - $36.95/6 months - $69.95/year. There is a slightly more expensive rate at $10.95/month (Ultimate VPN) which includes an added 10 Proxy servers (2xUS, 1xUK, 1xDE, 1xNL, 2xCA, 1xIE, 1xFR, 1xCH)
The website is especially clear and concise, easy to find all the information – well organised – makes you want to sign up – you will find the same fluidity in your user space
Payment is possible via several methods : PayPal – PayPro – Avangate - Payza - Astropay - Visa – Mastercard – Discover - American Express – CashU - BitCoin via WalletBit - WebMoney - Perfect Money. Our yearly rate, the most economically advantageous with savings of 27% was processed through Paypal without any problems.
As for the technical side :
- 22 Countries (1900+ dynamic IPs):Argentina , Australia , Austria , Belgium , Brasil , Canada , Czech Republic , Denmark , Egypt , Finland , France , Germany , Greece , Hong Kong , Hungary , Ireland , Israel , Italy , Lithuania , Luxembourg , Netherlands , New Zealand , Panama , Poland , Romania , Russia , Singapore , South Korea , Spain , Switzerland , Sweden , Turkey , UK , Ukraine , USA - you will find all available countries, their associated protocols and P2P authorisations in the My Servers tab
- Unlimited Switch
- 4 protocols: PPTP – L2TP – OPENVPN - SSTP (on selected servers as indicated)
- O.S: Windows – Mac – Linux – Androïd - iOS
- Devices: PC – Smartphones – Iphone – Ipad – Tab – modified routers – Boxee – Xbox 360 – PS3
- Usage : Bitorrent or P2P networks are permitted (and the appropriate servers are indicated in your user space ) but please make sure you are not performing illegal activities and you are not distributing copyright-protected material.
- We will however record and keep the following data for 7 days:
- Time, date and location VPN connection was made.
- Duration of the VPN connection.
- Bandwidth used during the connection.
- ==> Standard policy : no activity logs, no monitoring, only technical logs for the tech support but in case of criminal activity, they will cooperate with the authorities. This is the policy across the board for all serious established VPN providers. (This information enables ibVPN to enforce our Terms of Service, spam, crimes using the service, etc. If there is a violation we will use these trace logs to determine which account is in violation and we will terminate the service and/or take further action.).
Install OpenVPN via ibVPN’s All-In-One-Application
First, download and install bVPN All-In-One-Application (Windows) which should in the download folder.
After installing you just need to enter a login and password and to choose your protocol (OpenVPN is strongly advised. If you use a third programme like VPNLifeGuard that needs a network connection then L2TP will be your default.) Port UDP or TCP – Your server. On this page the all the server capacity is displayed (bandwidth usage and capacity) and the number of users.
Then all usages are allowed Streaming (Youtube), Unblock TV shows, Skype…
Here is an example of using IbVPN (LU server) with µTorrent.
First connect to a server that allows this sort of traffic, as indicated in the app menu
µTorrent is one of the most popular programs (nearly half of all users) for a BitTorrent protocol. It is free, easy and supports SOCKS5 for SSH2
It doesn’t need any complicated configuration and there are lots of online tutorials. We would recommend deactivating the UDP by going to Preferences of BitTorrent and deactivating UDP, uTP et DHT trackers.
Reminder : UDP is a fast connection port used by Kad. TCP (used by emule and torrent networks) controls the information sent by Internet Protocol (IP). UDP however does not do controls and is most useful for small amounts of data that need to be transferred fast. There is no flux or congestion control either. Make sure you read the FAQ of CheckMyTorrentIp to learn more.
You do need to configure the port for incoming connections.
IbVPN does not use Port Forwarding, so you need a specific port for the best connection. Finding the best port is reasonably easy. Either you need to note down the last series of the IpV4address in the local 2 network – for which you open a command window and in the Execute bar type cmd then OK and ipconfig
Then simply add 12000+2=12002. Repeat if the number changeswith a newconnection to IbVPN. Be careful: this is the only thing that will guarantee you an open port.
Alternatively you can activate two options (not always available for all Torrent programs) UPnP port mapping and NAT-PMP port mapping
Of course we tested a « huge » file for the Debian distribution. The results were as expected: stable server that never disconnected (over more than 20 hours) and a satisfying speed (max 600kB/s) with protected IP.
ibDNS test: Media Streaming with NO Speed Loss!
The ibDNS service can be purchased for as low as 4.95$/month. ibDNS allows users to unblock restricted websites without any speed or reliability loss in terms of connection. Right now we unlock 75+ channels in US, Canada, UK, France, Australia, Germany, Switzerland, Netherlands, Finlands, Middle East and Latin America, and counting. One of the biggest advantages of VPN use is to get around so-called geographical restrictions of video, TV or streaming platform that limit access to residents in one country. Which means expats, foreign residents and travellers cannot access these channels or platforms.
However if you use the IP address of that particular country, you become a virtual resident and are free to view the content. More and more VPN services like IbVPN (or even AceVPN) have developed a new system based on DNS and not just VPN. Why? Because using DNS means there is no loss of speed unlike with a VPN server that can reduce speeds by up to 10%.
Once this service is activated you need to configure your DNS with the supplied address
This system (still in a Beta version) is almost unbelievable but works very well.
Our verdict on IbVPN
The biggest advantage with IbVPN comes with the rates offered in the general TotalVPN package $7.95 (UltimateVPN is slightly more expensive at $10.95) and the variety of different packs: US & Canada VPN – UK & Ireland VPN – EU VPN – Torrent VPN all cost $4.95.
Disadvantages include the absence of an integrated client with the now invaluable options (widely available with other services) like an IP Guard, a speed test and a proxy. Which means you need a special combination for the IP Guard:
- OpenVPN + VPNCheck Pro 126.96.36.199
- PPTP – L2TP + VPNlifeGuard. VPNLifeguard is the best third-party program to protect your applications from any disconnection by your VPN. It is compatible with PPTP and IPSec protocols, but not OpenVPN – that is, with the VPN services that appear in the Network Connections option in Windows.
The rest is standard : efficient and careful tech support, 4 protocols, clear tutorials including one for a DD-WRT router (simple installation via a script with a clear tutorial).