Best Dedicated IP VPN Services
What is the difference between Shared and Dedicated IP VPN Service?
Most often VPN services offer public IPs. These can be divided into shared (Dynamic and Public) and dedicated IPs. Shared IPs come from a pool so each time you connect you get a new public IP. This is cost-effective since the VPN provider can offer a maximum number of addresses across the world. A user that likes switching will be more than satisfied! But if a user gets blacklisted for several hours just before you (surpassing the quota on some DL sites, for example) then when you connect to this IP you also get blacklisted. Normally all you have to do is disconnect and reconnect to get a new IP (even though that can be annoying). In this case, a dedicated public IP for all your VPN connections means no risk of getting blacklisted or your quota exhausted by other users.
Why a dedicated IP ?
You might ask what makes a good dedicated IP? For us it is:
A good dedicated IP can be bought singly and not just as part of a package with a shared IP
All traffic allowed including P2P
Possible to install on various protocols: OpenVPN - L2TP - PPTP
Able to support several simultaneous connections. For example the IP is installed on a NAS which lets us reach it from outside while the NAS connects to the internet
The following list of providers completes this section on dedicated IPs:
- PUREVPN: We already know and have tested PureVPN. Dedicated IP as an optional extra at $2/month with a choice between UK, CA, US and DE. Be careful: if you choose the basic package at an annual rate you can’t add a dedicated IP afterwards. A dedicated IP can be ordered at the same time as the basic package though. The dedicated IP is practically instantaneous and works well. No need to open a special port as it is a Full Open Port. Nevertheless torrenting and P2P is not allowed on their dedicated IPs. And you can only use ONE connection at a time with your dedicated IP. Why? We were able to use the connected IP and to use our NAS from an outside network. It is a real disadvantage of PureVPN not to allow usage on several devices at the same time. Which is a shame since the dedicated IP for NAS and the integrated connection client for mobiles is excellent.
- NORDVPN: NordVPN also has dedicated IP addresses. They are based in the USA and UK. Rates are annual. The dedicated IP in the US costs €21.4. The dedicated IP in the UK costs €40. All ports are open except for SMTP and Netbios ports. Contact their tech support to get hold of one.
- LIQUIDVPN: LiquiVPN offers static IPs available on request. They offer dedicated IPs in UK, NL and Italy. The price varies by location and type. You can open ports via the control panel. The IPs are NAT IPs
- SECURITYKISS: We already know and have tested Securitykiss. Offers a dedicated IP in the USA with the Emerald package. Problems opening the port.
- STRONGVPN: Often we forget that OpenVPN rates offer dedicated IPs. The best price is in the USA at a three-month rate ($30). Possible to switch IP but not country. Despite a good control panel and serviceable options including opening extra ports, we couldn’t make the DDNS redirection work. The support said we need a "VPN router!"
- NVPN: This is a useful VPN as it offers a dedicated IP in Holland with OpenVPN at $8/month. After paying with Paypal, you need to wait two days for the account to be activated. Not all ports are open. Installing OpenVPN on NAS 9port 114) works perfectly. However the DDNS redirection (despite opening port 5000) did not work. Technical support seems to be non-existent, as we never received a response.
- BANANA-VPN: Dedicated IP only in the USA, quite expensive: $24/month all ports open/forwarded.
- BRIGHTGREENVPN: Only USA IPs at $16.96 with Full Open Port
- CIENEN: Dedicated IPs in UK, USA at $14.95/month. No information on ports.
- LAMNIAVPN: Dedicated IPs in UK, USA at £12.95/month. No information on ports
- MOREVPN: Dedicated IPs in Europe at $15/month. Other locations available like Chili or even the Isle of Man!
- RAPIDVPN: Many dedicated IPs across the world. Switzerland costs $8.40. Various restrictions for usage.
- SAFEVPN: Dedicated IPs in UK or US. All ports open. OpenVPN only $9/month.
- SMALLVPN: Many IPs over 14 countries. Prices from $19.95 to $34.95. Full Port seems to be available.
- SMARTHIDE: Dedicated European IP (UK) from $9.97
- SPICEVPN: Dedicated IP from one of six countries (DE – UK – IT – NL – UA – USA) at $12.5/month.
- UNBLOCKVPN: From $9.99. Not much information provided.
- VERSAVPN: Many dedicated IPs across the world (Austria = $12/mo, Canada = $30/mo, France = $12/mo, Germany = $12/mo, Italy + $12/mo, Netherlands = $20/mo, Russian = $20/mo, Sweden = $12/mo, Switzerland = $15/mo, UK = $12/mo, USA = $12/mo). OpenVPN with 3 ports available
- VPN-DISCOUNT: Dedicated IPs in your choice of UK, US, CZ, SK at €8.90. No Full Open Port.
- VPNLUX: Dedicated IPs in Holland – Luxembourg – USA - Russia - France - and UK at $35. Full Open Port.
- VPNPRONET: Only IP in USA at $15.
- VPNREACTOR: A dedicated IP can be added to the general package (on the same principle as SecurityKiss). Full Open Port.
- VPNSECURE: Dedicated IP at $29/mo with OpenVPN x2 ?. Countries ?.
- VPNSEEK: Dedicated IPs in USA – UK – CA – AU - DE - NZ - NL - SE - UA – RU – IE - FR - LU - AT - MY for $10/month. Full Open Port ?. 30GB Bandwidth Per Month.
- VPNUK: USA, Italy and UK dedicated IP at £9.99/month.
- VPNWORLDWIDE: Dedicated IP at $11.99 with a choice of: USA – UK – NL – SE – SK – CZ. Dedicated IP in Sweden – P2P authorised!.
- WORLDVPN: Lots of dedicated IPs (26 countries). Most cost $10. Traffic limited to 20 GB. Unlimited Bandwidth optionnal at $5.00